close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek Res.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I'm assuming it's open by now. Can anyone verify this?

2. Its open, except for the coves

3. The tailrace below the dam still has a layer of ice as of this morning.

4. any body fishing buckeye lake i know its usually a good early lake because its so shallow:G

5. went out to buckeye yesterday, it was still frozen in the areas i normally fish. with the rain in the evening yesterday melted 3/4 of the ice on the lake. it would be open today. had no luck in a small spot i found yesterday though, wasn't the right structure for this time of the year.

6. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Thanks guys. Heading to a rip-rap spot this evening as long as it doesnt get TOO nasty.

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

If you are going fish the West side, the East side has what ice that was on the main lake blown into it.

8. Drove over Alum on Cheshire today, both sides are completely open.

9. Is the water coming up?

10. Didn't look like the water came up at all today at Alum when i drove by around noon.

11. Thick Rick

Thick Rick Dragon Bronzeback Slayer

Alum has been gaining on average 3 inches per day and is currently 6'3" below normal summer pool, making it 3'3" below winter pool. Here is a link, save it to your favorites. Instant water levels...

http://www.lrh-wc.usace.army.mil/wc/distns.htm

I just wish the river reservoirs were on it.

12. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

They will keep it at winter pool till April

13. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Water is still very low. Nothing, very windy. My friend lost a very nice muskie at the rocks though. Lost a $7 bait too :(

14. Thick Rick

Not much of a choice at the moment. We will need a decent amount of rain just to get to winter pool by April.

Welcome to another year Ed.

15. Who cares about your $7 bait? I lost my first muskie!!!!! hahahaha (I hate my life)

16. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

17. Thick Rick

ROFLMAO@a shot from Dawson's Creek. That is priceless!

18. aka, johnny moxin, the savvy backup qb that leads a ragtag varsity football team to victories in "varsity blues"