Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Musky Hunter
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Columbus and go to Wisconsin every summer for muskie fishing. In Wisconsin, I catch lots of muskies. I want to do more muskie fishing because I'm only in Wisconsin for 2 weeks each year. I've heard that Alum Creek has muskies but I've never caught one. I don't have a boat in Ohio so I was thinking of spillway fishing. I also want to know what baits the muskie are biting in Alum Creek and where i should be fishing. Please help!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I always catch a few a year at the spillway I cast a rattletrap directly where the water comes out it's difficult to fight them in because of the underwater pillars but they pool in that area I think they wait for baitfish to fall down the tube.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
there are muskie in that spillway..i think they actually get washed through and end up there. last year i fished it for saugeye/walleye and caught a couple(muskie) on a crankbait. I think theres a few muskie club guys that actually try and catch them so they can bring them back up to the lake and release them..when i tied into a couple last year, a couple guys had asked me for the fish so they could take it back up to the lake.

·
Musky Hunter
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys! If i get no luck at the spillway, is there any other spots I can give a try?

·
Registered
137 Posts
This doesn't help answer your question at all but if you like muskie fishing, you have to visit cave run lake in ky. I have been going for 28 years and just a few days ago I went muskie fishing for the first time and I was hooked. There were so much muskie in this lake and I saw it first hand. This water is known for it's muskie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts