close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek headwaters

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Net, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Just thought I'd let you guys know the white bass run appears to be heating up. Lots of cars at the cemetery just north of Kilbourne. Saw a nice stringer of white bass being lifted into a vehicle on Monday. FYI - The parking situation at the cemetery is very bad. You may want to blaze a trail elsewhere.

Good luck.

2. What size are the w/b up there? I only fish Deer Creek for them and most are pretty small. I would like to try up there some time but dont know where to go, is there public access north of the lake? Can you tell me any good spots to start? Thanks for any help.

3. The closest public access on the river is located at the bridge on Route 521 between N Old State & Hogback Rd. This is also a good place to launch a car-top boat.

Sorry, I've never actually fished the river in Kilbourne -- I just report what I see. ;) Good luck.

4. TightLine

TightLine Member

I used to fish the river at Kilbourne quite a bit a few years ago. Last few times without much luck. Mostly water conditions too high or low. However if you get the right hole this time of year it can be spectacular white bass fishing.
    3 years ago about this time I pulled in 40 some fish in little over an hour that were all between 1 and 2 lbs. It was a really good day.
    I had to wade out a bit to hit the hole about 1/4 mile (before the big turn in the river) down Hogback.
    I was using a silver Minnow Spin. Threw it at the bank let it sink for a second, crank once, and ususlly got hit.
    You can also get some nice Saugeye, Crappie and Smallies here.
    I was thinking of heading that way sometime this week if I can get out of work.
    There is a public parking lot on the corner of Hogback and whatever the main drag is there. THere are also pulloff areas down Hogback.

Hope this helps
    Good Luck!

Dan

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Anywhere North of the Graveyard is private property.... even for wading.