close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek - first time out

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by marineman16, Aug 14, 2007.

1. After many days of being skunked in the SW lakes, I'm finally heading to Alum this weekend because I've heard nothing but good about the fishing. I've never even seen the lake. Can anyone provide any pointers to help me land a fish or two? I'd prefer any species of bass, saugeye/walleye, and musky. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

From what I have seen and heard the musky fishing on Ceasar Creek has been great this summer.

Alum musky fishing has been fair. I have been skunked twice, but I have seen some nice ones laned.

Alum saugeye has been a tad bit slow this spring/summer.

Crappie and bass fishing on Alum has been pretty good this summer. I haven't been on Alum a lot this summer, but you should find some good info on Alum here if ya poke around some.

CG

3. After hearing you say that I'm a bit bummed. I had heard that if you didn't want to go to Erie, Alum was the place to catch fish. I have spent a fair amount of time fishing Caesars and it has been awful. I have been thinking bass and mucky using larger, bright lures in the coves and can't get anything of value. Where are the hot spots on Alum?

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Oh, there's a lot of good spots on Alum. Some produce more than others at different times. I'll give you one as a starting point. This time of year a cove off the main lake channel can be good. If I were going out Saturday I might first look at the cover just south of the Cheshire Road boat ramp. It is between the ramp and Cheshire Rd. Good luck.

CG