Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The Alum Creek Pre season Ice tourneys start November 7th. They are scheduled for each Saturday thru Christmas. Tourney runs 8am-2pm with check in starting at 7:30. Great way to test the ice gear out. You can get more details at the IceFishOhio site or their FB page. Any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer them for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Can't wait to test the gear and win some money. And F2W's penchant for drilling 200 holes won't help him at these tourneys. 馃榿 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
He went out with me two years ago but I didn't take him last year. My ice requirements to take a grandkid out on the ice are a bit higher than what I require for me to go.

Registered
Sounds like a good time, but I'll wait for hard water

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Attendance has been low compared to a few years ago, but then since IFO Dave has started the Columbus Expo he has neglected IFO so it is pretty much dead. I posted a Where is everybody thread 20 days ago and so far only 5 responses and one of them is someone new to the site. The FB site doesn't even seem to be used much.

No eyes today and 20 or so keeper Crappie. There were only 7 of us today which is the lowest I have ever seen, last week was 11. Last year we averaged about 12 over the season and year before was probably 14. We really need more people as the more, who attend, the more fun. I missed the money again this week by .09 lbs. The 16y/o grandson couldn't make it and the 13y/o didn't want to get up that early so went alone this week.

CJ Wolfpack
Sorry to put you out of the money, but I had to sneak 1 pass Larry. :giggle:

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
That is two weeks in a row that has happened to me. I am starting to suspect there is foul play involved. I mean everyone already knows about Larry and the scuba diver he uses. 馃榿 馃榿 馃榿 I knew I should have put split shot in my fish.馃槀馃ぃ

Reactions: bobberbucket

Registered
Attendance has been low compared to a few years ago, but then since IFO Dave has started the Columbus Expo he has neglected IFO so it is pretty much dead. I posted a Where is everybody thread 20 days ago and so far only 5 responses and one of them is someone new to the site. The FB site doesn't even seem to be used much.

No eyes today and 20 or so keeper Crappie. There were only 7 of us today which is the lowest I have ever seen, last week was 11. Last year we averaged about 12 over the season and year before was probably 14. We really need more people as the more, who attend, the more fun. I missed the money again this week by .09 lbs. The 16y/o grandson couldn't make it and the 13y/o didn't want to get up that early so went alone this week.
I will be back this coming Saturday. Weather is looking nice! High of 60. I am going to try and promote the time on some of the fishing groups I know of. Looks like Larry has been hot with a 1st and 2nd! I was pumped with my 2nd place finish the first week. I did see a few people on FB today asking questions. Here's to a bigger pot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yea would be great to get it growing again, Larry usually does pretty good every year although in the past it was eyes but for some reason he is doing really well with Crappie. So far the fishing has been better this year than the last couple years which is good. Think I will hire me a scuba diver for next week so maybe I can beat Larry.馃榿馃榿馃榿

Reactions: bobberbucket

CJ Wolfpack
I won't be able to get to the next one, so good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Bringing my newest weapon in the arsenal, the underwater camera. Watch out Larry I am gunning for you. 馃榿 馃榿 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Due to circumstances beyond my control I didn't get to attend this week. Hoping I get to go next week unless a better fishing opportunity is available. Grandson wants to go next week.

Reactions: Bprice1031

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Have heard there may not be a dock tournament this Saturday due to Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I have contacted a couple people and when I hear for sure will post answer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
This Saturday's tournament is canceled but they will resume in December.

CJ Wolfpack
This Saturday's tournament is canceled but they will resume in December.
I talked to Ryan this afternoon and we will have a tournament Saturday, I will stop by his house and get the scale and sign in sheet. 馃槈

1 - 20 of 24 Posts