Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt get on the lake till 11a. Due to Africa Rd being closed. Somehow I found my way to the ramps at the marina. Took alot of right turns and there it was. Water was muddy in places, I noticed water temp at 84 in one area. Since I dont usually go to Alum, I am not sure if the lake was abnormally high or not. The beach was closed if that is any indication. Bout the only thing I caught was another boater. His boat broke down and I gave him a tow back to the ramps. Hung around the ramp loading the boat as there were 4 teenagers trying to launch a speed boat. It was pretty entertaining. Bunch of good kids though. Told them if they unhooked the boat from the winch it would go easier for them. Then the argument on who was going to get their feet wet to unhook it. Not sure what the problem was as they were going tubing or somthing like that. I mean they are going to get wet sooner or later.. I have been to this lake two or three times in the past few years, and today was the first time I've see the lake flat.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yup, it's higher than normal right now. Not surprised the beach is closed. I am however surprised that some fools decided to go swimming in the spillway with their kids instead. There's all types of hazards down there between the rocks, the strong current, snagged lures/lines in rocks, and fishermen casting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Didnt get on the lake till 11a. Due to Africa Rd being closed. Somehow I found my way to the ramps at the marina. Took alot of right turns and there it was. Water was muddy in places, I noticed water temp at 84 in one area. Since I dont usually go to Alum, I am not sure if the lake was abnormally high or not. The beach was closed if that is any indication. Bout the only thing I caught was another boater. His boat broke down and I gave him a tow back to the ramps. Hung around the ramp loading the boat as there were 4 teenagers trying to launch a speed boat. It was pretty entertaining. Bunch of good kids though. Told them if they unhooked the boat from the winch it would go easier for them. Then the argument on who was going to get their feet wet to unhook it. Not sure what the problem was as they were going tubing or somthing like that. I mean they are going to get wet sooner or later.. I have been to this lake two or three times in the past few years, and today was the first time I've see the lake flat.
YEP, that was me you towed..... i believe..... me and my buddy broke down. We did manage to figure out the problem and fished from 10am-9pm. Overall i managed to catch three LM, two Crappie, and one SM. Pretty good day for it being blistering hot out. OH, THANKS AGAIN, and good luck on the water.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEP, that was me you towed..... i believe..... me and my buddy broke down. We did manage to figure out the problem and fished from 10am-9pm. Overall i managed to catch three LM, two Crappie, and one SM. Pretty good day for it being blistering hot out. OH, THANKS AGAIN, and good luck on the water.
Glad you got the problem figured out and were able to enjoy some fishing time. I still think that was a pretty cool boat. Not sure why, just struck my fancy.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I was at the ramps with a buddy and his dog when ya'll came in I think. Wish I would have known, of have at least said howdy!

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
36 Posts
I stopped to check out the spillway Saturday evening and was surprised to see people swimming in the spillway. Certainly not smart or safe, possibly not even legal?

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Saw it too....little children swimming on a ledge adjacent to deadly fast flowing water. One slip and theyre gone...stupid parents.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Think it will be ok to take the kids out swimming and tubing on the lake tomorrow? They are dying to go but I have been hesitant with the high water.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was there today, beach still closed. Bunch of sheriff cars parked along side of the building and looked like they were all sitting on a picnic table. Hooked couple bass, one pretty nice size. Did a no touchie release though both. My apologies if I offended anyone on my verbal good-byes when I lost, (whoops) released the bass. I bet if wasnt so amazed at the height of air that they achieved, I'd probably got them in the boat.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Heard the fools were below the dam again sunbathing on the sidewalks and people in the water. Where are the park rangers or sherrifs amazed no one has drowned done there. Just stupid

·
Double lunger
1,560 Posts
If anyone happens to find a 12 gallon low profile red fuel tank I wouldnt mind having it back. Lost on the east side straight across from the marina. Long story on how it was lost...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was four days ago. I do not know if it is still closed. They re-surfacing the road. I spect its back opened. I have no Idea though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts