close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Crappies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MarbleEYEs, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Fished friday night for saugeye, cats, or anything that would bite but came up with nothing. Marked alot of fish out from the dock and fished it saturday. caught well over 100 crappie on minnows and jigs... even had a couple doubles with two jigs... brought home around 20 and fried em up within the hour... ill post pics if i can get them off of my cell

2. [​IMG]

suspended in 13-19 FOW

3. fishinking

fishinking G0 Bucks!

Haven't heard of that many crappies being caught since May, nice job!!!!!!

especially getting that many keepers 9" or bigger....;)

4. Im new, so bear with me. When you guys are catchin crappies... i see minnows on a jig are the most common. What size/color jigs? Do you leave them on bottom and reel in slowly, or do more of a "twitching" technique.

5. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I've been using...

1/4 oz 3" white, orange, or chart color twistertail... Just throwing it as fas as I can.. and just a slow steady reel in...

or

1/8 oz 2" white or chart twistertail and letting it fall for awhile and a slow reel in.

ANd I have yet to tip my jigs with anything... Just a long cast and slow reel.

6. with these i just drifted two 1/16 oz road runners with a pearl triple tail grub and minnows with split shots or i anchored and fished vertical with the minnies when the wind picked up too much