close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum crappies tonight! Lake is in great shape!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Went to Alum tonight was a beautiful night out but smokin hot!! Fished flat for some saugeyes and smallies. Got 2 largemouth instead one nice one in picture and 2 14-15" saugeyes.Went to a drop off and fished 12-13 foot of water crappies were right on bottom. we let jig sink to bottom and slow dragged it on bottom if no hit right as it got off bottom they would suck it in. kept about 20 10-13" ones for fry this weekend. All crappies were on a 1/8 ounce jig 3" chartruese tail. Went back to hot flat at dark but smallies were not busy,buddy did nail a nice channel cat about 3 pounds on a vibee fast burned under surface. Neat storm clouds out there to east tonight good lightning show around dark:) Here are some pictures![​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. As always, great report FS! I am finally finishing my project in Cincinatti and plan to spend the weekend on either Alum or Delaware. I hope that I can show some of the skill and catch a few.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

hey thats great! was the lake packed and will it be this weekend do ya think? we wanna go skiing and fishin can u inform me where ya caught the crappie if ya dont mind? thanks nsof

4. Lake is always busy on weekends. Should be packed but if people think it is flooded out they might stay away. Caught crappies in east side north of cheshire ramp area called crisco bay. Crappies were stacked in deep edge by shoreline going into bay. Good luck Fishing you can have the sking though!!;)