close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum crappie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Sep 7, 2007.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i'm planing on going to alum this weekend ans was wondering if anyone was doing any good on crappie. i figured that these cooler nights had to heat the bite up alittle. any feed back would be great.:D

2. fishintechnician

120 hits and no advice?! dang, oh well i find it out myself.

3. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

check for fish suspended around structure, creekbeds, dropoffs, etc..

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

don't overlook docks and the shallows where you found them in spring.not sure if they've moved back there yet,but they will till water cools eneough to send them on their way back to their deep winter spots.

5. Look to the first drop off outside the shallow water areas ; they've been there for weeks. By this weekend with the cooler water temps, Misfit may have hit it on the head. Start shallow where you can fish fast, then move deeper til you find them. Been getting at least 40 each trip. I may just try this weekend now that the kids are back in school & lots of people put the boats away. Good luck.
    Tim

6. Hi,

I have never fished alum, but have decided to try it on Thursday. Any advise would be appreciated. I will try for crappie, smallmouth and saugeye depending on whats biting. Will I be wise to use a small 1/8 oz jig with a small piece of nigh crawler for saugeye? A small 1/8 oz jig tipped with a minnow for crappie? What would you recommend for smallmouth, crappie or saugeye? Where is the best place to launch and buy bait? Any general locations I should try?

Thanks,

Crazy4

7. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Crazy4,

Check your PM's:)

8. i fished alum this am from about 8a-1230p....caught about 28 crappie. fished them in about 4ft-8ft of water around some stumps and fallen trees...hit them on a black and silver vibee and a black vibe rooster tail. the bite was very light, the crappie were scattered all over the place not just on the trees and stumps. landed two nice smallies too hangn in there with those dinks!

9. fishintechnician

10. not really much size , just numbers...alot of 7s,8s, and 9s