Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cowboy Charters
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to tell me all their top secrets spots for crappie in the fall, more specifically the actual date of Sept. 28th. Please list spots with GPS coords, bait used, how deep you were fishing. What size fish are going to be and how I have to work my bait

Thanks in advance..
I figure we are getting closer to the tourny let the comments begin...lol (plus I am bored at work)

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
1-2.3 ft deep, no points or ledges, on whopper ploppers at 5.6 mph. That program only good from 7:30-8:45 on Alum, 28th of September. The rest will cost ya! Oh wait, you are putting on a fish fry aren't ya!

·
Cowboy Charters
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1-2.3 ft deep, no points or ledges, on whopper ploppers at 5.6 mph. That program only good from 7:30-8:45 on Alum, 28th of September. The rest will cost ya! Oh wait, you are putting on a fish fry aren't ya!
I heard the same program from another guy also, must be the truth.

P.S. i am putting on the fish fry. I have plenty of crappie resting comfortablely in the freezer for their big day!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I heard the same program from another guy also, must be the truth.

P.S. i am putting on the fish fry. I have plenty of crappie resting comfortablely in the freezer for their big day!

I love fish fry's!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I'd use a jitterbug over the creek channel for those suspending slabs ...... sure fire technique this time of year : ).
Don't believe Cheetos work, we always do better on Combos.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Went to Alum on Saturday morning. Didn't do as well as I would have liked but it seemed most of the crappies were in about 12-18 feet of water. Did mark bunches of fish right over the thermocline but didn't get any to hit. Water temp was about 72-75. Coming this Friday the temps are really supposed to drop, this should get then stirred up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those of us that really fish alum creek know that "you gotta know the lake) Fish hours is what its called. When you put in your fish hours It will all come to you. But in the mean time use one of them big musky plugs in bout 20 ft of water with 3 pound test line. Good luck and good fishing

·
Registered
38 Posts
absolutely alum creek, donk know much bout the other spot though, have heard in the past that the sioto fish are not to be eaten. Got a truck that pull a boat e mail me and lets go out on the boat tomorrow

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't think there are any crappie in Alum. Only at Hoover. They all went through the pipe a couple years back.

Sent from my KFJWI using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Cowboy Charters
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think there are any crappie in Alum. Only at Hoover. They all went through the pipe a couple years back.

Sent from my KFJWI using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Can I fit my boat through this pipe? I really want to catch a crappie on a Musky Lure, trolled at a speed of 5.6 and tipped with flaming hot cheetos all while using combos for chum bait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts