close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum crappie action

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Aug 13, 2007.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i went out on friday and had a blast. we hit the water about 7 pm and went to a cove with some good cover. we fished there for a while but the bite was real slow so we moved up farther in the lake. we pulled up under one of the bridges about dark and anchored off the bite didn't really pick up untill about 10:30. but from 10:30 to 2:30 we boated over 75 crappie with the majority in the 9 inch range we had between 20-30 that were over 10 with 2 that were close to 13. really good time. after we ran out of live bait we tried to jig it up for a while but weren't bitting as good as on live baitl. after about an hour of jigging we decided to try for some cats. we fished for about 2 more hours and only boated one, but it was close to 6# blue cat. after that we called it a night. prolly head back out this weekend and try again.;)

2. Nice catch, I've never tried for Crappie at night before. Guess I'll have to give that a shot!!