Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish Bass Fishing Fish Recreation
Wow what a day - my son an I got on the water about 7:45 and fished until 1:00. We started out in the middle pool and it was a little muddy. Spent about 2 hours in the area and by that time my son decided to wait until I found some. We headed back to the South Pool where water was a little clearer and finally found some really nice ones. Ended up catching around 40 and kept 12. Even though I caught a few more then my son he out fished me today. The biggest was right at 14 inches.
Please note - the boat traffic was crazy and it took us 25 minutes to pull the boat

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
View attachment 359015 Wow what a day - my son an I got on the water about 7:45 and fished until 1:00. We started out in the middle pool and it was a little muddy. Spent about 2 hours in the area and by that time my son decided to wait until I found some. We headed back to the South Pool where water was a little clearer and finally found some really nice ones. Ended up catching around 40 and kept 12. Even though I caught a few more then my son he out fished me today. The biggest was right at 14 inches.
Please note - the boat traffic was crazy and it took us 25 minutes to pull the boat
Good job yeah I bet that ramp was a treat.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Ramps were closed at Deer Creek... Well the one on 207 was gated closed. Guy at Frosties said harding ramp was closed. I did see two boats out though...

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
Ramps were closed at Deer Creek... Well the one on 207 was gated closed. Guy at Frosties said harding ramp was closed. I did see two boats out though...
Considering Deer Creek is still 16 feet above summer pool I can understand why it is closed.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Considering Deer Creek is still 16 feet above summer pool I can understand why it is closed.
Prolly 20 cars parked by marina gate with people walking and looking at the flooded marina.

G

·
If the park rangers would get off their butts and make the people stop blocking the ramps by holding their boats instead of driving around in the lake while waiting for the person towing the trailer to return to their boat,this would end. They need to take a lesson from bass boaters!

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
If the park rangers would get off their butts and make the people stop blocking the ramps by holding their boats instead of driving around in the lake while waiting for the person towing the trailer to return to their boat,this would end. They need to take a lesson from bass boaters!
Unfortunatley in a large portion of the boating public that same person that drives the boat is also the person that drives the truck and trailer. No way around that. That said there are a bunch or really sad cases at the ramps loading and unloading boats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunatley in a large portion of the boating public that same person that drives the boat is also the person that drives the truck and trailer. No way around that. That said there are a bunch or really sad cases at the ramps loading and unloading boats

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
View attachment 359015 Wow what a day - my son an I got on the water about 7:45 and fished until 1:00. We started out in the middle pool and it was a little muddy. Spent about 2 hours in the area and by that time my son decided to wait until I found some. We headed back to the South Pool where water was a little clearer and finally found some really nice ones. Ended up catching around 40 and kept 12. Even though I caught a few more then my son he out fished me today. The biggest was right at 14 inches.
Great job on the fish snyd!!! What was your water temp in the south and middle pools if ya don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Maybe the state should start offering valet parking. Hire seasoned drivers that know how to handle a truck and trailer. When you get close to the ramp, text the valet and your trailer will arrive in short order.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Works for me as I fish alone a lot. What is the proposed fee?
Maybe $5-$10. Seems reasonable, and everyone would be a lot happier with their ramp experience. I guess it depends on how many days you fish as it could get costly but could be an option for people who are not good with a trailer. Likely would only have them there known busy times (weekends and holidays). Not sure what the insurance rules would be on that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts