close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Crappie 5/22

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, May 23, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Water temps 69-70 range, water was clear to muddy (south looked great, north muddy) caught all our fish in the muddy/stained water. Caught them from 10 feet deep, all the way up to 2.5 feet using jig/minnow or jig/tail. Caught a bunch of blacks, which I usually don't see much of on Alum. Nothing huge, but pretty steady all morning.

2. Shakedown - I also noticed a lot more black crappie being caught at Alum then in the past. I have caught a couple real nice ones and when they hit your minnow they really hit it.
    I have never found a school of them, it seems that most are loaners atleast on Alum.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah...we could tell before we saw em they were blacks...they slammed the minnows, not just lippin them like the whites. We found a group of prolly 8-10 of em in one area. The first few threw me off because of the strong hits, had me thinkin we hit a pocket of white bass. I love catchin them on that 11 foot crappie rod...makes em all feel huge :)

Been on Del lately Snyd?