Alum Crappie 4/26/08

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. Fished Alum on Saturday from 3:30PM til dark for Crappie - It was very windy to start but the wind eventually died down and I caught a ton of crappie. In total I keep 19 and had another 10 to 15 that I could have kept but didn't because I really didn't want to clean any more. The biggest was just shy of 14 inches - All of the crappie I caught except 1 was male so the crappie fishing should really get good in the next few days if the weather stays good.
     
  2. What are you guys using for bait? When I went they weren't hitting minnows. I did catch about 5 crappie in like hr and then they suddenly just stopped bitting.
     

  3. About 60% of my crappie came off a minnow and the other 40% came off of a little jig with a twister tail on the back.