close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Conditions?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishzilla, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Anyone know how Alum looks or if it fishable from the bank? I'm planning on going there tomorrow if I can find 5 minutes of the day when it's not raining.

2. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Went this morning. Water was off color with about 18 inches of vis. Water was clearer near the dam. The saugeyes were on until as usual the rain had to ruin it. Caught six total with 3 or 4 bass mixed in. You should be able to fish off the dam Sunday. Thats probable your best bet for clearer water.

3. Nice job Dave. Sounds like a good day.Thanks for the info :)

4. Just another option for you. Off the rocks at the east end I had a lot of action on small crankbaits and rooster tails last week. Smallmouth/white bass/bluegills and a six lb. c. cat. They were very active. Park by the gate on Africa rd. and walk in. About a ten minute stroll should put you at a good location. Look for the double pipes on top of the berm, hop on down to the water and start working east. If they are there it will be a good time. Good Luck

5. Thanks Mickey. I only wish I had logged onto the sight before I left Sunday. I started out just past the beach and worked my around to the damn. Ended up with 2 little 12" LM and whole lot of nothing all day. To top it off I had to see two guys sunbathing pretty much nude :eek: One had a thong :( and the other covered himself with something that looked like a wash rag :eek: NOT a good day.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Zilla! We saw the same guys...we had setup a basecamp about 50 yards down the beach from them (not intentionally, we were there first!) with a buncha friends waterskiing/tubing yesterday. I had just got done telling my buddies that that area pretty much amounts to a pickle park, when thong man walked on by. Couldn't have timed it better :D

Were you out in the Zodiac looking boat?

7. No I was bankin' it. I lost my regular ride from last year and now have to adjust to fishing from the bank. Anyway the guy with the rag over him laid down about 20 yards from where I started. BLECK! I moved on shortly after that!

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

woow..the lake went up at least 6inches while we were there riding the storms out..what a blast!!..

9. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Yeah....the begining of the beach on the south end near the dam is kind of shady. Me and my daughter walked up there and into the higher grass and to our suprise many heads popped up that were sunbathing :eek:
    Nothing is sacred anymore :eek:

10. crappielooker

if you think thats bad..try heading into the group camp area..and park on any lot out there..they will come around.....just ask Miso, he knows first hand.. :p
    newbreed..why didn't you comeby and say hello?? you know where i fish at.. ;)

11. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Twas a few weeks before I had the pleasure of meeting you AK.

You should be very happy that the water has been up this spring as you say this brings the bigger/weary carp closer to the shore.

I have another option on larger grass carp for you in close quarters within miles of alum. Gonna have to start sending you $invoices$ before too long on all these guided trips though :p None the Less I sure need to get out and fish with someone

12. crappielooker

$invoices$?? what the heck is that??.. the other option sounds really goood..:)

13. Crappielooker is exactly right. If you turn off of Lewis Center Drive just east of Old State Road, be weary! Had a Park Officer tell me that the people just hangin' around are "lookin" for one another. Used to fish back in there when I didn't have a boat, now I avoid the area like the plague. Thak God I have a boat now!!!!