close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Columbus Day

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Fished from 8:30am to 3:00pm. Started off slow, and really started to pick up right as we got off the water...imagine that.

Took 1 nice eater eye, coupla dinks. Got into the crappie pretty good, nothing under 9". All fish came in 12-15 FOW. Cranks, spoons, jigs.

Surface temps were around 66.

2. nomore3putts

nomore3putts AddictiveFish'n TV Addict

You had better luck than us!! Lost one 'eye at the boat, that's it. Drifted in front of the beach and threw cranks all along the rocks at the dam end from 2-6PM. You didn't mention what section of the lake... North of Cheshire?

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Caught the keeper eye in the South of the marina, and took the dinks/crappie all between cheshire and 36/37.

Bite didn't really pickup for us until 2:00 or so. We caught more from 2 to 3 than we did from 8-2. We didn't make a cast all day...100% trollin.

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

got my ticket today,, about 3 times actually,

these fish were deep, 30-40ft of water, hot n tots, 150feet back. between n galena ramp and 1st point past the first bouy...

snitch point didnt do anything for me,,

fishn had to be good to stay out there today... it rained all day and it was cold.. next time ill put my rainsuit on when it starts raining,, not after i get wet.....hehe

sowbelly