Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not looking for anybody's spots or anything, but i'm heading down to Alum to do some catfishing here soon. Where should i start out and what types of baits should i use? should i stick to traditional catfish baits, or are there any types of tricks that are specific to the lake that i should try? I appreciate any help and want to say thank you in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have caught them in some of the coves north of chesire road. never really fished alum specifically for cats, but have caught them there on everything from minnows while crappie fishing to large jakes while muskie fishing. when i go catfishing i mainly use live 5" gills or perch (you would be suprised how small a cat will eat these) or cut gills or shad.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have had good luck just North of the furthest North dock I cannot think of it's name, the dock is small and just on the south side of the road. Very short boat ride just go North of the bridge the cove on the right is good or go a little further and fish the west side where the creek channel swings east.
I use cut bait or live chubs.

·
612 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's cat tactics, but I believe using blue gills as bait is illegal in Ohio. Anyone know the rules?

Dock Time

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
I was out the other night at the howard rd spot, and they are biting on shad, chicken liver and nightcrawlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts