Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been out the past two weekends at alum fishing the south pool for cats at night from my boat... i cant seem to have much luck... ive tried liver, shrimp and cut shad and only catching a couple a night... i was wondering if maybe the huge school of shad im seeing has the fish gourged, or maybe they are up north... i have been fishing in depths ranging from 5 to 15 feet for them... hoping maybe someone can lend a few helpful hints so i can get my ol man out and catch some.. not looking for honey hole... just some things to look for... thanks in advance

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm no expert by any means but I haven't had any luck with cats there all summer. I'm talking zero. I've fished all hours with every bait possible on bottom and under a float north south coves shallow and deep. I don't know if its from the massive schools of bait fish or what. If you figure anything out throw me a bone. I fish from the bank or from my kayak.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Back when I had a boat I'd fish the west bank between chesire and 36. Fishing bass minnows on the bottom on either side of the mouth of most coves.

Hope it helps. Even if you don't have a boat, I'd try bass minnows or soft craws.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I fished the peninsula at the marina with a buddy of mine Sunday night and we caught 10 or so while fishing for carp. A couple nice size ones too. Apparently catfish also like boiled field corn and oats.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I can't tell you much about alum but at hoover they have been shallow all summer. So again go shallow and you should find them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was at Oshay this past weekend and I caught some good number. Cant beat that place for channels (I am assuming you are asking for channels).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts