Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been catching any Im going tonite some where alum is the closest to where i live but any info will be appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
146 Posts
havent tried alum yet this year...but go check google maps near hog back road and kilbourne...i heard its pretty good back in there

·
Registered
820 Posts
It's been horrible for me there this year. I can't find any. I've used every bait possible shallow, deep, under a float and on bottom. 6-9 am and between 7pm -3am. North, south, east and west lol.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Troll crankbaits! I've caught some big cats trolling this season both in the middle section and in the south section.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Troll crankbaits! I've caught some big cats trolling this season both in the middle section and in the south section.
I don't fish for them..... but that's when I catch them, and can't give them away to any of the bank fisher people either:confused:

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
Lol listen to mdbuckeye troll cranks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been catching more cats than eyes lately...cranks or harnesses.
Cranks are better though!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
136 Posts
Texican - if Alum is close, Hoover can not be much further. I suggest the Oxbow area at Hoover. Been hammering the cats on liver.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got out there this morning for a while caught some on shrimp and catawba worms all small ones about 12 total one bluegill maybe try again this afternoon if it don't rain thanks bowman mite go get the boat and give that a try at Hoover

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heading back to alum to give it another they tonite hope its better than last time

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill probly be fishing from the bank around chilshire rd or that's what the plan is so far where will you be fishing

·
Registered
700 Posts
There was a guy cast netting shad in the alum spillway the other morning. He would just walk out into the water on the rocks showing up closer to the dam and spot them then throw out his net. He was getting quit a few with little effort!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here all small ones i don't know where to get any shad been using shrimp and catawba worms nightcrawlers

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't think you are supost to do that i think there is a sign there that says you are not to castnet with in 500 ft of the dam i maybe wrong but i thought i saw a sign there

·
Registered
500 Posts
I know there are no snagging signs I've never cast netted at the spillway tho. There are tons of shad up north by Howard right now. Seen guys throwing nets right off the dock. I jus throw from the boat, mostly small lil flickers but have got into some 4-5"s from time to time.

Caught my biggest cat this year crappie fishin in the spring with a minnow an bobber on an ultra light rod have caught a few on harnesses as well. Of course the biggest I catch when I'm not targeting them

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You maybe rite about Hoover but Im going to go to alum and hope for the best Im going to go buy a cast net to try to go get some shad

1 - 20 of 56 Posts