close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum blues ?swamp donkey

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winkstyle, Jun 10, 2004.

1. went to alum last night for a lil catfish campin.i got a lil spot off of hollenback rd which is named after my great grandfather that has produced some nice fish over the years but nothin like this.i started fishing about sundown and about 1:30 in the morning something took off with a 6inch bullgill like a bat out of hell.15 mins later this is what surfaced.yes people after a couple pictures it was released.i dont own a scale how big do u think this swamp donkey is? :D [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

maybe about fifteen pounds. that would be my guess :)

3. I'd say that baby is right about 18 lbs, which is a GREAT channel cat.

Congrats! :D :D

4. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Nice cat. They stocked some blues in alum but you really don't hear of many being caught. Being an "eye" guy I can't always tell the differance between a blue and a channel anyway.

5. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

Nice fish but your one evil looking dude in that pic.

6. Silly me - I didn't even read the title of the thread :p I thought it was a channel from the picture.

Great fish anyway! :D

7. That fish has to go more then that. I caught a 8 lber. at Hoover years ago and that Cat would eat that 8 lber. with no problem.

8. My guess is that cat is a 20lber. Look at the belly on her. Between 18 & 20 for sure. Digital scales are on sale at Wal-Mart on Rte. 23.

9. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

that is a great catch anywhere especially at alum. good going, yea 18-20 lber.....