Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to alum last night for a lil catfish campin.i got a lil spot off of hollenback rd which is named after my great grandfather that has produced some nice fish over the years but nothin like this.i started fishing about sundown and about 1:30 in the morning something took off with a 6inch bullgill like a bat out of hell.15 mins later this is what surfaced.yes people after a couple pictures it was released.i dont own a scale how big do u think this swamp donkey is? :D

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
Nice cat. They stocked some blues in alum but you really don't hear of many being caught. Being an "eye" guy I can't always tell the differance between a blue and a channel anyway.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Silly me - I didn't even read the title of the thread :p I thought it was a channel from the picture.

Great fish anyway! :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That fish has to go more then that. I caught a 8 lber. at Hoover years ago and that Cat would eat that 8 lber. with no problem.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
My guess is that cat is a 20lber. Look at the belly on her. Between 18 & 20 for sure. Digital scales are on sale at Wal-Mart on Rte. 23.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts