close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum at night

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stilesp, Jun 15, 2004.

1. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

I was looking to do a little night fishing with my dad this weekend on Alum and I noticed at the marina they have a sign that says park closes at 11pm. Is that only the marina? I'm assuming the other ramps are open all night long. Are there any night rules on alum other than the 10mph limit.

2. Yep, No smoking pot on the boat. Seriously now, be careful out there at night man. Watch out for those BIG Muskies. Have a good spotlight with you so you can see where you're going and look out for debris. I believe that "Park Closes @ 11" means for other people than fishing if I'm not mistaken? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

Well I know that the marina entrance has a gate and I'm wondering if they close it at 11 or if it remains open. I only live 1.5 miles from it so it would be easiest to use it. Even though I've been to the other ramps dozens of times I can't remember if they have gates that can be shut. do they?

4. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

It is open all night, very good fishing on some nights. I normally fish on the breaker wall between the boats and the main lake, some nights the fish are behind the wall some nights they are in the main lake.

The carp guys do a lot of carping here and over by the ramp, they have caught some really nice fish. I have seen really good nights on channel cats out there as well, nothing huge but all a good eater size. I have seen guys land decent bass and saugeye out there as well.

The real benefit of this place is they have great showers and bathrooms over by the marina, that come in really handy when you are fishing the whole weekend. We had two Carp-Ins out there last year we liked it so much.

5. Hey Pat, I fished there last weekend one night. I put in at the Marina and stayed until past midnight, the gates were opened when I left. Didn't do to well, caught one eye and had about a 15-20 lb. muskie hooked. I like using the marina on account it is patrolled and well lit.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I agree with Chopiq...If you put in elsewhere, plan on trailering up in the dark. Cheshire is pitch black!