Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ive been thinking of fishing the small streams/rivers that flow from hoover and alum down into columbus. both flow across the east side and link together just south of 33 outside 270. anyways, although ive passed them several times with the thought of fishing, ive never actually got out on them. i was wondering if anyone has ever given them a try and also wondering if they are too deep to wade in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eh, dink city huh? well that sucks. looks ok but ill take a yakers word on a stream. any advice on good wadable sm streams/rivers just outside of columbus? sciota and tangy etc are just alittle too urban for my liking.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
eh, dink city huh? well that sucks. looks ok but ill take a yakers word on a stream. any advice on good wadable sm streams/rivers just outside of columbus? sciota and tangy etc are just alittle too urban for my liking.
get away from the "urban" parts go north or south

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is Big Walnut south of Hoover similar to the Tangy? I am moving from the campus area mid August and will be living next to Little Turtle GC. I am hoping to find a way to walk to the creek.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I fish it all the time because I live right up the street in Huber Ridge. I have plenty of fun on Big Walnut. Yes, it is dink city, but the action is off the chart.
There are some hogs in there, but they are few and far between. I'm just giving my input on Big Walnut, but this is my first yaking year and I haven't been on any other streams, so I can't really gauge if it's better/worse than another place. I have fun fishing it though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the Walnut as well. Lots of action but I have caught some 3 plus pounders out of there. Went last weekend with my brothers and we wacked them. Most were 12 to 13 inches.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Myself and a friend waded up through Walnut south of the damn. I believe we launched just north of 161, and were able together up the creek pretty far. There are some deeper spots (chest high), so be cautious after rains. One user here caught a gar out there too. Ugh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts