close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 9/5-9/6

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Sep 7, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Trolled the circus over the weekend...both Sat/Sunday evenings 6-11pm. Bite was ok until it got dark both nights, then slowed considerably. Took a handful of eyes both nights, smallies and crappies mixed in. All fish caught on cranks/dearies/spoons on breaks/humps on the mainlake.

What a fiasco the ramp was...like that's not a given ;)

2. BIGDAWG

BIGDAWG Team Bass Xtreme

You're braver than I am, went by there Sat. on the way home from swappers and there was about 30-50 boats in the cove not counting jet ski's!!! Looked like the beginning of an open tourney! :eek: Sounds like you had some luck though....see ya BD

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

did the battle too last night. managed 4 eyes all trollin. 3 came on a firetiger hot n tot, and 1 on a purple wally minnow. i was suprised to get the 4 fish cause i hooked 2 at the same time and he was on there after i got #3 in the boat and untangled the net. double header happened just as it was getting dark. lost something big , probally a muskie since it cut the line above a 6inch leader...

shakedown, that was me in the tracker when the guy went flying between us. im either gonna start chuckin lead at them or get a paint ball gun.. i had that happen several times workin the east side. wasnt too bad once the traffic let up but that mess at the ramp when i got there gave me second thoughts about fishing.. just have to get it in you mind that its just "ALUM".

4. I never hit alum on the holiday. Always a nightmare. Gets worse every year. Watching the docks is pretty funny. It will start thinning out a little now. Were you using the old style hots or the plastic lip. Thought I was the only one that used dearies on saugeyes..lol...

5. ShakeDown

Awww man Sowbelly!! I was wondering if that was you! Did you hear me yell at him right before I made the "I'm gonna shoot you" motion?

Highlight of the weekend was seeing an Escalade with 22's up to the rear doors in water at the ramp, trying to pull out a boat. Some people just shouldn't own em.

We fished all night, knowing that it whether we got to the ramp at 8pm, or 10pm, we'd still wouldn't get on the road to 11. MADHOUSE.

6. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

my ears were pretty much so ringin from all the baja's flying by. i wasnt sure it was you till i seen the decals on the motor. plus with havin all that line out i didnt want to get in the way and make a mess, it was hard enough stayin on course with all the wakes out there. my highlight of the night was when the watercraft officer went bye me real slow with the bow up throwing one heck of a wake and i took one of them over the front of the boat... wouldnt have been so bad if i was going into the wave but it got me from the front/side , i had some worm dirt that needed washed down anyway...

we should get about 200 feet of bungy cord and tie our boats together and when them idiots go to go between us swing out and close line him.. maybe even use some heavy mono so it gets in his prop and rips the seals out...

hot n tots were the plastic lipped ones

7. ShakeDown

I take that back...the true highlight was Sunday night when Chopiq arrived.

He met us on the water, and first thing he asked for was if he could use my cell...he had just dropped his into the water.

He makes his call, then tries to get back to fishing but his motor won't start back up. Dead as a doornail. We offer to tow him back, but he limped back with his electric fishing the whole way. Oddly enough, as soon as Chopiq showed, we never got another bite the rest of the night!

Figure out what the prob was John?

8. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Sowbelly I have the answer. Remember the duck blind that you and I stayed away from that day. If we win a draw on one we can pay Tons of Fun to sit in it with a bucket full of lead. Imagine driving by seeing his big head sticking up out of there. At least we would have one quiet area to fish on the lake. By the way quit catching fish when I can't go.