close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum 9-1-04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sowbelly101, Sep 2, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

4 small eyes
    2 muskies
    1 smallie
    1 whitebass
    1 cat
    3 gills

all fish caught trolling points, and the beach area smackin bottom at 20-23 feet.. nice day out , no traffic and no wind...

sowbelly

2. Hey sow, were you drifting worm harnesses? I might give it a try one night this weekend.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

John...I'll be there Sunday evening myself.

4. sowbelly101

wiggle wart good... john harness only brought on the gills n perch, switched to trolling around 9 am and thats what we did the rest of the day. did see white bass busting the surface on the weed flat right by galena so we casted and whacked one on a crank. it was about 15 inch wb..

did help 2 old guys back to the ramp, they asked for a tow cause they thought there battery was dead on there main motor , and there kicker lost the water pump. we hooked jumper cables up and they had the same thing. starter was turning but the solenoid wasnt engageing to turn the flywheel... had the old man whack the starter with a wrench and it fired right up and they headed back to the ramp. glad i learned that trick 10 years ago when i had that happen to my starter on my car..

sowbelly

5. sowbelly101

incase everyone has been wondering like i was for that past few weeks about the marker sticks with red/orange tape on them on the points and what they are for , found out yesterday that is where the guys are setting up there goose blinds.... first light yesterday sounded like camp perry... dont know what the rules are on distance you should stay away but if i can hear the dogs collar jingling im too close...heheh :D

sowbelly

6. Glad to see you caught fish. Did you kick up the speed a notch?

7. sowbelly101

ran around 2.3 all day. any faster and i think i would snapped the rods i use. i never prepared to troll so im just using some medium action spinning rods. works good cause you can really see the action in the baits , but when they start diggin or when them muskies hit they really load up. 1 fish was around 30" and the other was around 28".. gonna have to figure out how to get a couple trollin rods without it showin up on the radar.. :D

sowbelly

8. Buckeye outdoors out in Hebron has some nice diawa trolling rods and 27lc line counter reels for around 70.00/each. pretty good deal from what I have been able to find. Good luck with the radar though.