close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 7/24 evening

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Took the wife out on Alum yesterday evening from 7pm-11pm, boucin for eyes as usual. Met up with Chopiq on the water around 8pm. Caught a mixed bag (perch,cats,whitebass,gills) and boated 2 eyes. Had 2 other eyes on (lost both) and my wife hooked into something HUGE that snapped the harness.

You get anything else after we left Chopiq?

2. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

Hey guys, missed you again.. My brother and i were there about 6am to noon. Bounced for eyes and caught 4 keepers and lost a few at the boat. The damn perch/gills were vicious on the crawlers.

3. Hey Shake that could have been the elusive leafy wood fish (snagemus maximus). Legend has it that there are a few around the central ohio area. They are purpotedly very large and have been known to follow some fishermen around wherever they go. :p ;)

4. I fished about an hour more after you left Shake, ended up with 1 more small eye. Drifted the beach area. Talked to a few people as i was leaving and they all reported about the same. A few small eyes.

5. I was fishing Sunday afternoon into evening. One small saugeye is all I was rewarded with. It must be that North-East wind. The same wind blew through a week ago and the fishing was just as tough. If any of you have any idea as to where the fish go...I'm all ears (uhh-eyes?)...