close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 7/18/08

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Jul 18, 2008.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

went 1 for 2 on muskies today. First one broke off 65lb braid as soon as I lifted the rod from the rod holder. Must have been a knick in the line. I was really bummin cuz 1: I lost a musky...and 2: I lost a custom color Depthraider and $5 leader. I got a little redemption about 20 minutes later when I landed a 32.5 incher. Not the hawg I was hoping for, but sure beats a skunkin.
    Both fish hit lures running 13' deep over 18-23' of water. Trolling about 3.5mph.
    [​IMG]

2. I thought it was just my inexperience with these fish after my breakoff two week ago. But if one broke your line, I now am sure it's the fish. These are some MEAN critters.

3. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Nice fish Esoxhunter! To bad about the big one bustin the line. I had a similar experience not far from where your boat is in that picture last July.

CG

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

thanks Critter.

Saw that you have had some success too duckhound. I'll be taking out some guiding clients tomorrow morning. If you're out, look for an old white deep v with "Lone Star" on the hull.

5. Nice fish! Too bad about the lure. I will be out there Monday morning. If I catch the one that got away, I'll return your lure!:p

6. Central Ohio Muskies Inc. had a night outing there from 6pm - midnight friday. One of our members snagged into a line that had a depthraider and a 32" muskie on it! Muskie was alive and released.
    Cliff

www.alleycatlures.com