close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 6/15

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Jun 15, 2008.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Crazy day on Alum today. Parking lots were jam-packed and the pleasure boating was in full swing. I put in about 7 hours of trolling today and put two smaller muskies in the boat. They both hit between 2 and 2:30 under clear blue skys. First was way maybe 28 inches and the second fish went 32. Nuthin worth braggin about for sure, but it was nice to have a 2 fish day after several skunkings at Alum this year.
    Water had decent clarity and the temp was 79.
    I was flying solo today, so I don't have pictures. I did however set my camera on the dash and tried to shoot video since I don't know how to use the timer yet.
    If you'd like to see a classic Alum dink muskie, click here :p
    http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/esoxhunter/?action=view&current=P1000879.flv

2. that's a nice ski. if I caught a 32 incher, I'd be calling everyone I know. I've yet to land one. Got two in my life to the boat, never past that. Nice fish and the video was cool. Alum looked awesome, and the fish looked great

3. a 2 fish day congrats man I have to get back out

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Well done Esoxhunter! I wanted to get out this weekend, but I couldn't find the time. I think I saw you at GM on Friday afternoon, but I didn't say anything as you looked busy and I didn't have much time. I hope to get out on the water this coming weekend.

CG

5. I was also itching to head to the lake but I thought that it would be busy so decided to waint and go either Wednesday or Thursday this week since I have the days off.

6. esoxhunter

funny thing about Alum...
    If I have the lake to myself, I get skunked.
    If the lake is all churned up with tons of holiday traffic, I usually catch muskies.

7. same thing with griggs. everytime a boat passed us and entered the scioto boat club, we caught a cat fish.....

8. Hey Essox, now that you mention it, that seems to be true from my experience also. Maybe all the noise from boat traffic tics them off and they just want to kill something!

9. esoxhunter

I think all the commotion concentrates the baitfish in specific areas. The area where I caught both of the fish was loaded with baitfish while the rest of the main basin was sparse.

10. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

11. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I thought those fish were one of 1,000 casts or something like that . Getting 2 in one day had to be awesome ! Good job ! And I would have to agree that the lake was way to full of boats !

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

ESOX, sent u a PM if u get time.

congrats on the muskys