close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum 5/4

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Marshall, May 4, 2004.

1. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Fished alum today from 1:00pm till 5:00pm. Was really windy and the lake was rolling. Caught two largemouth, one about 14" the other was small. Also caught a 14" smallie and had a real nice smallie get off at the boat. This wind needs to turn it down a notch. Also saw a bunch of bass fry in the back of a cove. Water temps were 52 to 56 degrees.

2. hay marshall remember the wind is your freind,it blowes bait against the shore
    and makes it more difficult for the fish to see you.sounds like you had a great
    day any way.
    baby bass :) :) :)

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Thats pretty cool water temps for this time of the year, we sure have difficult fishing weather anymore.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Don't listen to theat baby-bass guy, he's the o ne who hid from the wind at the hollow - remember? Plus, now you have that extra battery to let you fight the wind as much as you want! The wind warrior fights on! :D

5. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

went back to alum today. Got 8 bass. 7 largemouth 1 smallie. Only 4 were keepers. One largemouth was around 4lbs. Also got a 30 inch musky. All this and I didn't need my extra battery. The wind was manageable today.

6. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Stopped below Alum dam on my way to Galena today.....fished it bright and early for a couple hours, didnt get a single hit. Fished for eyes below, and threw some cranks at some points on the top side. From about 5:30-7:00 this morning, the bank fishing was off.

Other results:

Hit Galena this morning, the white bass were on fire from about 7:50-9:30 or so....white was the color for me. Caught about 45, was hammering them one after another. Most everyone was for that matter.
    Hit Delaware on the way home, the docks at the marina. Were flooded up over the walkway. Put my waders on, walked out on the walkway, and vertical jigged the wall. Ended up with 6 crappie and 2 white bass in an hour. Nothing with any size.
    Will be at it again somewhere tomorrow.

7. hay buddy the wind is your friend,but some of us know when to get out of the
    wind and catch bass and not worry about SHERRY and catch monster sheephead.have a nice day crankus maximus and good fishing to you and
    marshall. :D :D :D

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey guys..hows the water looks at Alum lately?? i'm thinking about going there tomorrow..
    thanks a bunch..