close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 5/23

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CARP 104, May 23, 2004.

1. We gave it a shot today figuring Alum would be clearer on the Dam side of the lake. It wasn't the greatest day ever but within 10 minutes of fishing we caught a 2.5lb Largemouth. Before we headed in we got one more keeper bass, only two total for 5 hours of fishing. Still haven't caught that long awaited musky. (Is it "Musky" or "Muskie" or both?)

2. Started out looking for a largemouth, but quickly turned my attention to the smallies. Got 3 smallmouth, 1 saugeye, and one small muskie.

With the wind and all the boat traffic out there today, boat control was pretty difficult. Mighty glad to see the PWC crowd out there in full force :( .

3. Fished From about 1 until 8 p.m. Boat control was a challenge in the wind, add in the crazies spending 100 bucks to go in circles all day and it was pretty rough to say the least. Caught a bunch of small saugeye, drifting w/spinner rigs and rouges in the mud line largest was 15". Caught one small smallmouth and a crappie. If you are looking for catfish, the channel cats are in the coves near wood, must have caught at least a half dozen while crappie fishing. All where in the 2 to 4 pound range, higher water has drawn them in to the brush.

On the bright side, I think I caught some of this years stock of saugeyes, 4 4 to 6 inch cigars. Much too small to be from 2003.