close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 5/20 mixed bag

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, May 21, 2007.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Took the wife out for crappie, and we had quite a fun day. Went through 12 dozen minnows, and caught just about everything the lake has to offer. 4 LM's, 4 eyes, countless crappie, 3 perch, a few gills, and a MONSTER muskie that bit through 8lb power pro next to the boat. Thought I had a big eye on until I got her next to the boat. Smacked a jig/tail with enough fury I thought my rod was a goner.

All fish were caught between 1-7 FOW, either vertical or casting jig/tail/minnow and yo-yoing back to the boat.

2. optimalj

optimalj Angler

Thats What I Would Call A Good Trip.

3. bassinLou

bassinLou Jiggin w/ a Crappie killa

Where at on alum were you fishin'? Sounds like you all had a good time. Wish I was there. I went to Rock Fork and caught three Walleye....all about 16"....and about five crappie at 10" not to bad myself..:D

4. Hey Shake! we were out on alum as well, lots of dink crappie. We launched at Galena around 10:00am. A bunch of tourney bassers were fishing the riprap, while a guy on the bank brought in a muskie around 36 ". It was big enough that I could not get it into the net! I did save his lure though!

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We were between cheshire and 36/37 all day. Best catches were on 2-3 FOW flats, or right at the drop from the flat down to open water.

Wish I knew you were out there Scott! We launched at 7 am @ Galena, and I swear there were less than 15 trailer spots left. Every cove off the main lake had guys in it.

When I pulled in the lot, my initial thought was WOW look at all the boats. Trailers everywhere. Then I started thinking, this is probably the BEST place to launch for a few reasons. Bass tourney guys are usually real good at what they do...parking a trailer without smashing the guy next to them (happened to mine twice last year at Alum), and they are always lightning fast launching/trailering. Figured I'd get off the water around 3 to an empty ramp, and it was so.

Good group too (Salmoides was one of em I think) as they were all courteous and respectful on the water.

6. Sounds like a fun day of shallow water fishing. Nothing better then jigging or vibes always waiting to see what the next bite will be!! Saturday was same way shallow flats and all types of fish no muskie though. We were talking about that last year by now had hooked more then a dozen nice muskies only 1 so far. Plowed some hog Crappies tonight on Oshay had to work to find them but once i found them they were all 12-15" sows. :)

7. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

the way everyone gets hyped up about muskie, it must be way funner than i think. i heard once you get one, it is like bass fishing, you can't stop.

8. I lied- I was out of cheshire, not galena. I figured there was a tourney and the kids hate it when I air the boat out, so we fished from cheshire to howard rd.
    I need to drive through galena more often, but I hate to launch from there.

See you on the water some time.

9. MMA- something about the teeth they have, you only try to lip them once! Evan the gill plate can cut you if you grab it wrong.