Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit Alum about 09:30 this morning. The wind was howling and the waves moved me around like a bobber:G . I finally found a cove where I have caught a ton of fish and they were on. I caught most of them right off the bottom with a jig tipped with a minnow in 6-8 fow. I caught probably 50-60. I kept 12 slabs and a few cats for the freezer. I finally have enough to have a fry for my wife and daughter. Tomorrow's dinner should be a good one. Thanks for the help with the jigging.:)

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Way to go it is satisfying when you find them. jigging is a fun way to locate them off bottom. Were there many females in the bunch? Will be there later in week to get them hopefully. Am ready for some saugeyes as well.Had trolling motor issues at crappie tourney. But a good buddy had one that is like one i was using. Thanks Dale:) Well hope you get back out there next couple weeks is prime time!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did not seem but a few of them were females with eggs. Most of them were whites and too small but a few of the larger black males were very tasty tonight. I might be back out Friday evening if I can get out of teaching early enough.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
me and a buddy fished alum on mon. and hoover on tues, prob kep 60 fish out of about 150 we caught of the two days, and we i didnt have any that had eggs and he said he just had a couple, could they be done spawning this early?

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
I dont think they even really started spawning yet. Give it a day or 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts