alum 11-8

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Nov 11, 2008.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

a friend of mine and i went to alum on sat., we got there around 7 and put the canoe in at howard rd. from 7-9 we didn't catch squat but it started to pick up a little in the afternoon. from 9-12 we managed 20-25 crappie all over 10'' and seven were right around the 13'' mark. all caught on minnie and bobber fished about 5 fd in 7-8 fow on sunken brush. marked alot of fish and saw a few muskie bustin shad on the banks early in the morning. one actually came all the way out of the water. the wind was our biggest enemy as it made it cold! all in all was apretty good day on the water. didn't see any other boats out but saw quite a few people out on the bank. if any one sees me out in an olive green canoe thats me stop and say hey. also a quick question is there anywhere else anyone would suggest dropping in at to target crappie and saugeye? being as i'm in a canoe traveling is kind of limited , and i aslo don't want to spend my time paddleing around for nothing (wich is what happened first thing sat morn.) hopeing to get back out a few more times this year before it starts to ice. thanks for any advice.