close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 11/14

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Me and a buddy of mine braved the cold Sunday Morning and fished from 9:00 to 3:00 for crappie. We managed about 40 crappie with 6 keepers with the biggest just shy of 13 inches. Didn't feel like cleaning them so they were returned to live another day. I also caught a 12 inch smallie. All fish were caught on a minnow in 50 degree water.
    I also ran into ShakeDown and his father-n-law who also was braving the cold.
    Shake, if the water level holds and the weather stays in the 50's we should be able to getting into some real nice crappie in the next few weeks. Atleast I hope.

2. Anyone catch that flying fish down there yesterday afternoon

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah no doubt Joe. Hoping they should start picking up consistantly in the next few weeks.

Missed the plane by a half hour.

4. Where on the lake? Not exactly, just an idea. I parked my boat so gotta be shoreline. Thanks, JRB

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Shoreline? I'd concentrate near the bridges and rocks around them. If they are in there when you are, you'll be busy.

6. moke11

moke11

Dad and I were on the water Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday it was colder, but was the best fishing for us. We probably managed 50 to 60 crappies and took about 8 to 10 for the freezer. Interestingly, only a few were less than 9 inches. All fish were caught above cheshire.

Sunday, we fished some of the same spots with little to show. We managed to save the day by moving to the southern portion of the lake.

The water is much clearer below Cheshire.

7. moke11, what type of boat do you have?

8. moke11

moke11

14 foot flat bottom gruman with evinrude 9.9 and trolling motor on the front.

9. - Thanks, just trying to figure out if we saw you out there. I was fishing with EA, in his beautiful cadillac. - 21ft Lund