close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum 10/17/04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buzzman, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Well, got out for about four hours this afternoon. The lake is being drawn down, probably 3 feet down from a week ago. Water temperatures were 55 to 59 degrees.

Caught three fish: 2 largemouth and a musky. All fish came off of main lake points w/ wood.

2. BUzz,

Did you wear mittens? Good to hear it wasn't a wasted four hours. What did you catch the LM on, a Rattle Trap perhaps?

Eric

3. when I got the boat moving.

I was cranking any wood that I could find on the points, in between wood I was throwing the Rat-L-Trap... Caught one largemouth and a musky on the crankbait, got the other largemouth on the Rat-L-Trap.

Went back through with a 4" worm an hour after I caught the bass, but didn't get a nibble on the worm.

Good luck tomorrow.

4. tahat's good buzzman, most guys in our open the same day were skunked...winners caught five that weighed 13lbs...2nd on down had 6lbs or less.

5. Rainer-

Just out of curiousity, was the winning bag largemouth, smallmouth or mixed? I tried for a little bit to fish some of the east shore to see if the smallies were hitting, but the wind was to much over there.

6. I didn't get a really good look at the bag but appeard to be Largemouth. A majority of the fish weighed were largemouth.

Cya,

7. I think the winning bag was all green fish, there may have been one big smallie though. The smallie bite had to be very tricky with all that wind...it never let up once.