close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alright, who didn't...

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by supersize, Apr 17, 2004.

1. go to CC to day? What a madhouse. I'll bet 80-90% of the parking spaces were full at Wellman today. Nothing good to report from my boat, we caught 1 small crappie and that was it. Fished from 6:00 AM until 3:00 PM and only saw 1 other fish caught, a 12" saugeye.

The water temps in the main lake were 50-53 this morning, and some places warmed up to 55 by the afternoon. Up in the creeks it was much warmer, 60-61 up into Flat Rock.

Didn't mark any fish today, or even any substantial schools of bait. We cast jig & minnor, crankbaits, and plastics in shallow water this morning looking for saugeye (and sruck out), and then caught the crappie up in a creek, 12' down in 25 ' of water.

I'm guessing that by the number of boats on the water, surely someone who represents on this site was there. I'm interested to know if anyone had success.

2. I was one those not at CC. Similar results though at Cowan today.
    Wanted to ask about the water temps. Where and how deep should it be measured?

3. The temps I posted are surface temps from My depth finder (Lowrance X55). I don't have anything to take temps below surface.

4. I also wanted to add to my report that we saw 7-8 turkeys come down from their roosts about 6:30-6:45 AM. We were fishing the rip rap along the western shore out by the North Pool ramps, and the turkeys flushed from the woods on the hillside above the rip rap.