Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 92 alpha and he blew the top 2 gears out of it. Looks like they just wore out no big teeth laying around? What is his options on getting this repaired? Is it time for a new one? Also were is a good place to take it around vermillon? Looks like it was low on oil? thanks dan

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
There are lots of good rebuilt alpha 1's out there for a reasonable price. I'd replace it. Don't know of anyone in your neck of the woods to do the job though...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd get a new/ rebuilt alpha unit. They are pretty easy to swap out. Romps in vermilion does good work. Labor is actually cheep on this repair. I'd do a new gimball bearing bellows and have them check the output shaft alignment.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Look up Stern drive engineering. a maker of after market bolt on replacements for less than a dealer can buy parts from merc. 2yr warranty too. flat mushroomed upper gears are always caused by low oil and some times take out the gearcase so it can not be rebuilt. make sure if you get a used unit it is the same gear ratio. good luck. bill

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i here the same thing the case is probably junk. So it looks like its time to find a new one. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts