Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smallie Chasin' SOB
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from bowhunting.com and I just bought a Hoyt Alphamax 35 off of there and wanted to know what everyone thought about it. Thanks.

·
Me fail english? That's unpossible.
1,899 Posts
My buddy has an Alphamax, its a good bow. If you can i would go to an archery shop and test different bows. See which one your more comfortable with and then buy that bow online for cheeper. If you already got it then that statement dosent realy apply to you :). When you get some time post some pics or vids of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My buddy has an Alphamax, its a good bow. If you can i would go to an archery shop and test different bows. See which one your more comfortable with and then buy that bow online for cheeper. If you already got it then that statement dosent realy apply to you :). When you get some time post some pics or vids of it.
honestly i do understand for always finding the best deal and i am all for that! I just dont agree going in and wasting a pro shops time just to go buy it elsewhere online. Most of the pro shops are almost week to week on expenses and wasting an hour with no intentions is a hit to the... if you can find a shop with good costs and even better tech you will be very happy man.

Please if i took this the wrong way i apologize

·
1,899 Posts
honestly i do understand for always finding the best deal and i am all for that! I just dont agree going in and wasting a pro shops time just to go buy it elsewhere online. Most of the pro shops are almost week to week on expenses and wasting an hour with no intentions is a hit to the... if you can find a shop with good costs and even better tech you will be very happy man.

Please if i took this the wrong way i apologize
Its all good, I agree that it is best to buy local. However the pro shops in my area are all over priced and most of the people that work in them aren't very friendly. You do have to be very careful where you buy from online b/c buying something that expensive online isn't always safe. If you can find a good pro shop, by all means buy from them.

·
Get in where you fit in..
121 Posts
. See which one your more comfortable with and then buy that bow online for cheeper.
I'm not sure I would recommend this. I thought about doing this until I was told that there is no warranty if you aren't the original owner. Not sure if that is the case for all bow companies, but I was informed by the Mathews dealer and read online that the warranty is only valid for the original owner and is non-transferrable. In my opinion, spending a little more money to have a lifetime warranty is worth it. Plus every time I need something done to my bow they take real good care of me because I purchased my equipment from them. I would like to think that all Pro Shops take good care of a bow while working on it, but we all know that isn't the case. The way I see it, if they sold it to you, they will be more passionate about making sure it shoots perfect in your hands (assuming you actually know how to shoot lol).

Good luck and happy hunting!

·
1,899 Posts
I'm not sure I would recommend this. I thought about doing this until I was told that there is no warranty if you aren't the original owner. Not sure if that is the case for all bow companies, but I was informed by the Mathews dealer and read online that the warranty is only valid for the original owner and is non-transferrable. In my opinion, spending a little more money to have a lifetime warranty is worth it. Plus every time I need something done to my bow they take real good care of me because I purchased my equipment from them. I would like to think that all Pro Shops take good care of a bow while working on it, but we all know that isn't the case. The way I see it, if they sold it to you, they will be more passionate about making sure it shoots perfect in your hands (assuming you actually know how to shoot lol).

Good luck and happy hunting!
When i said to buy it online, i was referring to a dealer site (like hunters friend) so that you would be the first owner. There are some sites out there where you can buy a brand new bow set up for cheaper than you would by going to some local shops (not always the case but for me it was). And seeing that he already bought it, my statement/advise dosent really matter anyway :)

·
It's Trigger Time!!!
1,486 Posts
To the original topic, I have an AM32 and love it! Shoots fast, hard and accurately. You may hear a "slap" when the string hits the STS. I am in the works on getting a new STS that will eliminate this slap.

Lg_mouth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts