close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alpena Mich,

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by yonderfishin, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I got word over the phone today that even though the area lakes ( Alpena ) , took a hit by the warm weather , there is still fishable ice there and with the low temps they get this weekend it will be even better. I am heading up there tomorrow hoping to try it. I am having some serious concern about ice in our area this winter.

2. I check the fishing report for Fletchers Pond every week and their last report on the 7th was 9-11 inches of ice. Good Luck and shoot me a PM when you get back on where you ended up fishing.

Guess I should've checked before I posted a reply. Jacks Landing has a report for today saying 6-8 inches with snow on the way.

3. newbuckeye

newbuckeye newest permanant buckeye

Just in case anybody else was wondering how far it is....Findlay, Oh to Alpena MI is about 325 miles...... Not bad for a road trip!

4. Well, Im writing this from my wifes laptop in a hotel room,...my nephew was gonna take me fishing but he is sick so not having anything with me but a fishing rod i guess the fishin isnt gonna happen on this trip. But the main reason I came up here is to visit parents anyway and now I just have more time for that. Approximately 3 inches of snow on the ground and pretty cold. The place I was gonna fish is Long lake wich has been giving up a lot of perch and walleye lately. Maybe next time.

5. went up there a few years ago. stayed at the dew drop inn. love the area, hate the drive.