close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost Skunked

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by metalman, Nov 15, 2004.

1. metalman

metalman Not So Junior Member

Went out of Tanners with Catfishinfool247. Set up on some fish and the first rod went down hard within a couple of minutes. A nice 14LB Blue. We thought we were going to have a great day.....That was the only bite we got despite marking a lot of fish. It was good to fish with you again Mike...W

2. metalman

Here's the picture:

Attached Files:

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You guys were lucky. We put in too, at another location, marked lots of fish here & there. Never got a bite. Now the boat's got river slime on it again...had it all cleaned up for that "potential buyer" but got no nibbles there either ! ;)

4. Nice fish :) Looks like we are all having the same luck :( Last few times out it has been one or two fish per outing.

5. metalman

Yes, when that rod went over we thought we were in. It was reallly frustrating, there were a lot of fish bunched up but they weren't interested. Also, with that wind howling across the river it was hard to be sure we were set up on them perfectly. Looks like it's going to be nice this week. might have to go out again!...W

6. catfishinfool247

catfishinfool247 Highland county catman

It started out with about 50 throws of the castnet to get only about a couple dozen decent shad.They just weren't balled up together but we surely were not going to run out of bait!! :D We saw some terrific marks on the graph in decent sized schools but the only good bite we had was five minutes into the trip.The rod went down and stayed buried.I thought it was gonna be one of those days where the fish are very cooperative ,boy was I wrong.The wind was so fierce that it was just very difficult to stay in position where we needed to be.Water temp was right around 53 deg. and water clarity was very chocolatey,a lot of debris moving in the water.W, I had a great time as always.Contact me anytime if you need a partner in your boat.I always try to work around catfishing and one of these times we have to get lucky and hit paydirt :)