close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost skunked

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shortdrift, Jul 25, 2004.

1. I knew better to hit the front lake with the cold front plus a cold drizzle but I needed a fishing fix. :D To top it off I went with a spinner bait instead of a ripple tail worm. Why? Because I was too darn lazy to change the lure. :eek:
    Well there was one bass about fifteen inches that followed and then very gently latched onto the very tips of the skirt. Dumb bass does'nt know what a thrill he missed.
    As I approached the end of the shoreline I was fishing, a much smarter but smaller (11"0 bass engulfed the whole thing and had the joy of seeing what the world looked like above the water. :rolleyes: I gently removed the hook and held him/her for a minute while I explained what had just happened and how much catching him/her meant to me. I then returned the bass to the lake a promptly left as I didn't want to spoil a good thing by making another hundred casts without finding another "smart" bass. :)

2. GEZZZZZ....

Someone needs to catch the smart ones and leave them dummies for me!!!

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Shortdrift, I'm glad to hear you didn't end up skunked. Unfortunately it seems like about all I come across are the dumb ones. I hope your smart one took to the "schooling" you gave him, next time when he's bigger and you catch him, maybe he'll have a tale or two to tell you.;)