Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early this year Penny started accumulating fluid in her chest which required periodic draining. As time passed the fluid built at a faster rate ubtil it was surgery or saying good bye to her.
Surgery was done on her heart and lungs plus a duct that was not working.
Penny was in ICU for nine days and was quite weak when we brought her home. A special diet along with prescription drugs plus plenty of rest and lots of love has her on the road to recovery. We have managed to put back one pound in weight of the fifteen she lost. Tina and I feel we were very lucky to keep our Penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Shortdrift, is what Penny had like a viral cardiomyopathy? Anyway, throw a little treat in her dinner from me.... Glad she's home and starting to gain weight.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Glad she's alright. A few years back, my cat, Prince Tiger, had an allergic reaction to a bee sting. He could've died, but luckily, the vet diagnosed him in time. Now he's completely happy and healthy.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Ron,
Glad to hear that your good Penny is doing better. Hard to do anything thing else when you have someone so close to you not feeling well.
Pet her a couple times for me.

Ron

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Glad to hear things are going well with Penny. I know you've had this on your mind for quite some time. I'm sure she'll be get back being herself soon enough, as she's in good hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts