close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost got run over

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by lureboy98, Oct 10, 2004.

1. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

So I'm sitting on the top of this hill which is maybe 30 yards across and the deer come up on the top to feed. This weekend I had two yearlings and a doe come up over the crest of the hill. I heard them coming so I was in a crouching position with my crossbow pointed right at them. The doe spotted something odd and kept looking at me, stamping her feet and whatnot. They moved cautiously behind me and I didnt dare move to disrupt them when up came a "4 point" deer in the same place the does had come. I heard the does moving behind me and thought maybe they were over the crest of the hill. I turned to look and got busted by them and they took off running. Focusing my attention back on the buck it was reallly confused as to what just happened. It never saw me but nonetheless took of running.....RIGHT AT ME. When it got to about 3-5 feet from me it realized that I was actually something, paused for a second and then ran the other way.....It got so close I actually flinched as a reaction. What a great time!

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Darn it boy, why didn't you shoot? :D I had a deer several years ago run up hill at me and actually jump with in 5 feet of me to clear my blind I made out of Pine branches. Never saw me at all.

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

That would get your heart pumping! :D

I shot my doe last year about 5 yards away. ;)

4. i had something like that happen 2 years ago during muzzeloader season. i had a big 12 pointer come running straight 2 me from across the other side of the field and he got about 15 beet away b4 he seen what i was, that really scared me

5. Last year during gun season Worminator and Zyklonjed and 2 others and my self were down at Charles Mill and I did a mini drive to one of there friends. I kicked up 2 does and a fox. The buddy was sitting up against a tree and the does literally jumped over his legs. Of course his semi automatic jammed. Talk about seeing a guy pale as a ghost...LOL..............Rich

6. A few years ago my buddy had stuck a real nice buck and after the long wait went tracking. When he spotted this buck it actually got up and took off running...right at him.:eek: He said this thing acted hell-bent to run him over. He made it to full draw and ready to release when the buck piled up in front of about 5 yards away. Talk about getting the adrenaline going. That is why I am always very cautious when tracking a wounded deer.