close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost got boat done but motor won't start

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Fish4Fun, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

almost finished should be tomorrow. got motor back on today and it wont start. Has spark and everything but acts like its flooding it will fire with starting fluid and then dies out. Taking carb apart tomorrow think have stuck jet or something there.

2. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

It seems like carbs can be a big problem with outboards.Changing and properly gapping my plugs made a huge difference on mine.

3. what kind of motor? 2 or 4 cycle?

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Woo hoo shes running pulled the carb today after work took it apart cleaned it all up the float pin jet what ever its techincal name is was stuck went ahead took it all down cleaned it put back on and fired right up. Runs good went ahead changed the lower unit oil and ran it for a bit. its fishable now only need to mount front bass seat connect nav lights add another fish finder and on board charger planning first trip out this comming week.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Right on Jerry!

I think a few of us are planning on hittin Alum sunday. If you're around, I'll bring that broken rod with me.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ha ha broken what!! sunday i may have to come down let me know.