Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cats are where it's at!
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kayla and I got set up Friday evening. I got a flat going in the rain about 1 in the morning. Repeated hollering and flashlight in her eyes finally brought Kayla out of the enclosure to fight the fish from the deck of the Catfish Queen. :eek:

I held onto my grandaughter as she fought the fish for about 15 minutes. As it neared the bank it hit another line and shifted into passing gear. I heard the drag give a little then the fish was off. I consoled Kayla as best I could and tucked her back into her nice warm sleeping bag.

Saturday night was cloudy but no rain. I thought we were in luck since the clouds would keep the full moon from giving us moonburn :rolleyes:

The sky grew clear about 3 in the morning and a clicker sounded. I got Kayla to wake up but she refused to get out of her sleeping bag to fight the fish.
She did pose Sunday morning with the cat.

I just finished roping the fish up when another clicker went off. My little Abu 6500 that hasn't been broken in was purring. When I set the hook I again hollered at Kayla. She informed me she was comfortable where she was and told me to deal with it.

I was fishing a spot that ran shallow for a good ways out so I jumped in the little boat to fisht the fish out in deeper water. This also prevented the fish from making a quick run around a tree on the bank, as they sometimes do (Seevers ;) )

When I finally netted the fish I thought I had broken in the other Abu. A check of the scales told me the fish was only 49 pounds so it is not officially broken in.

The lady fish was 43.

Both released to fight another day ;)

Maybe I can do better next week when I have more time to get into the groove.

·
Wurlds Wurst Spellor
585 Posts
Good looking fish there Robby. Seeing pictures like yours and some of the fish brought into Cripple Creek spread a virus threw me like wildfire, and I now must admit. There are going to be a lot of sleepless nights this summer sitting by the lakes.
Just one of the many reason I will be single for life. Well that is unless I find a beautiful woman with a nice boat, good dog, nice cabin, and one hell of a piece of property!

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Great fish Robby. I caught a 3 pound bass in the front lake this morning. :p
Also have three channel cats in the lake that should be around 8 pounds now.
Wanna come up and give it a try? :D :D Good luck on 70 plus pounds. :)

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
woow..combination of the 2 that you're holding weighs as much(or more) as me..
i'm sure next time captain Kayla will break in your reel properly for you.. ;) I always enjoyed reading your adventures robby..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gollleeeeee. man are those some nice trophys. tell that grand daughter to keep up the good work, and ask her is she is ready to teach a few people how to catch some big ones like that, lol lol ;)

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
nice fish, i hope i can get into lakes and rivers more often

·
Here We Go Steelers
1,142 Posts
Nice Flatheads..

Kayla seems to know when the "little" fish are biting. :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Very nice indeed Robby !!! Where did Kayla pick up that bad habit of staying in the sleeping bag???........SEEVERS :D THE CATKING !!!

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Does read like that hey dipster :rolleyes: Seevers a CATKING :confused: That belongs in the comedy corner......... :cool: ........ :D Just a friendlt ribbin old timer..DA KING !!!

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
that ain't funny grillking :mad: :p ;)

next time i'm over there,i'll have chainsaw and that tree will no longer be a problem :D

·
Cats are where it's at!
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick

If you would catch em after daylight like Don does I would just wade out and retrieve em for ya :)

Well maybe it would cost you some twinkies cause wet BVDs are mighty uncomfortable and the band aids make knot tying a real pain ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts