close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ALLRIGHT Who invited the Bot?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShoreBoundOne, Apr 12, 2004.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Say hello to our newsbot! He goes out and fetches news from around the world (see the new forums at the bottom)

2. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Hey Good idea. Give Catking something to challenge him on post. :D:D:D 700 post per day. Hmm.. Catking you have competition. Better get busy. LOL

3. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Am i the only one that doesnt care for newsbot flooding the boards? I think the thought was good Roger but i come for the Ohio fishing reports. If i am the only one who doesn't like it i will keep my mouth closed and deal with it. Its not gonna stop me from enjoying the rest of the site.

Mitch

4. ShoreBoundOne

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

shoreboundone, what's the issue? The news boards are excluded from the 'view new posts' feature, so you wont' see them unless you want to look at them.

6. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Great item....glad to see you got them off the "new post"....had 20 pages of them the first time I hit "new posts".... :D

7. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

I for one am glad to see the nascar news section. Just add some country music (George Strait!) news and I may never leave! ;) :p

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Looks good Roger, Thanks

9. ShoreBoundOne

Yeah Roger its all good now....same thing happend to me as buckeyebob...clicked on new post and got bombarded lol.

Mitch

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Gosh can it get any better. I ask myself that everyday. I saw the newsbot section. Nascar,Nfl,Nhl THEN- D I see BEER!!! Now I know it has everything. I better quit saying it can't get any better. :D

11. catking

catking Banned

I need a "Boat Ride" section :eek: Wait a minute 'Chick...NASCAR is one thing, the music is another :rolleyes: THE CATKING !!! :p

12. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

That's what probably happened. A few of us must have logged on before Roger got all the posts stuck off into their own forums. I panicked when I saw all those pages of posts on the New Posts, especially when I noticed that they were duplicated 3 or 4 times each! The way Roger has it set up now it shouldn't happen again. There's a ton of good info there so I'm glad to have it here. It's another slice of the super pie that our tech wizards have planned for OGF members. They ain't even got started yet!! :D

13. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

WHEW good deal, thought I screwed up a good thing there! Enjoy, and like I said, if there are any subjects/topics you'd like added, just LET US KNOW.

14. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Can you put up temporary forums? I know alot of people hunt mushrooms in the spring and that might be a thought for the next month, or have a hunting forum for the 'shrooming people. I am trying it out for the first time this year and it would be nice to have info and others input on the subject. just a thought.

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

lol what the heck are you guys talking about, a forum bot?

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

oooh i see, thats actually kinda cool