close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

All my rides are broke

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stretch, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Just venting here.
    Well my boat has been broke and at the marina since I got back from Tenn in mid April. Last call to them, they have no idea when I will get it back. Long story short hit two rocks with lower unit, nuff said.
    So now my truck tranny goes out on my way home from work on Wed. Guess it felt it was time since it has 160,000+ on it. I get my motorcycle ready to go, ride up get some gas for in the morning so I can get to work. Walk out next morning and there is nice size puddle of oil underneath it. I had rode this 5 or 6 times prior to this happening.
    I now have no boat, no truck, and no bike :( . And I had to beg wife for her ride so I could get to work today. They say bad luck comes in threes so I hope I am done for awhile now.

2. that is just a flat out miserable story stretch. It can only get better from there right? I would offer to take you out on a boat trip only I don't have a boat. I'll split a rental with you some time :)

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Man Jim, I'm sorry to hear it.

Can you pick up a used tranny at a junk yard?

What is the problem with your bike?

4. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

That is some stretch of bad luck. Hope things will re-align for ya. Keep plugging things will get better.

Sure would make a good country song though.

Dave

5. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

I've been there myself. I can remember a few times installing a motor or a transmission I got at a junk yard.

6. Stretch

I am going to drop the tranny and have it rebuilt. I thought about the junk yard but you just never know what you may get, at least this way I know what has been done.
    The bike I have to remove some covers to see where the leak is, it appears to only leak after it has been running, once it cools the leak stops...Stretch

7. Stretch

So I took some advice and dropped the pan on the tranny to change the oil and filter, hope that helps my problem. When I did the magnet in there was covered with metal flakes and in the bottom of the pan it had a fine layer of metal shavings, figuring not bad for 160,000+ miles. Take care of that and drive it again and it is better but still feels like it is jerking when using cruise control. So take it to tranny shop, they call me back and tell me tranny is fine, but computer reads the motor has a miss. I have worked on alot of cars/trucks/motors and have never felt this type of "miss"? He suggests a major tune up, I ask how much and he quotes me a HUGE price. I tell him thanks but I will come and pick it up as I can do that work myself. They were very nice and did not charge me anything to get my truck back, customer service was excellent!
    It shifts fine thru the gears so I am going to go with what he told me and give it a tune up. I ordered all my parts for the tune up (which I saved around 300 bucks by doing it myself), will try to get this done tonight.
    Still have not had time to see why bike is leaking oil, will tackle that after the truck.