Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish this pond before? If so, are there just bass and bluegill or are there carp as well in the pond?

·
Registered
835 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't waste my time fishing that pond. It's extremely shallow and I don't think the state has put a fish in there in years. 30-40 yrs ago we used to catch pike and an occasional lunker bass. The deepest spots are right against the shore, once you get 20 feet offshore you can wade to the islands and it's just about knee deep. We used to catch bass on the west bank and pike between the islands and from the north shore. I did see some huge amurs in there a few years back while dove hunting. I haven't heard of anyone catching anything worthwhile in there in many years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fished it twice this year from the bank but was skunked both times. I had some nibbles by tiny bluegill on a worm and bobber while I jigged some lures on a separate pole but still nothing. I wouldn't waste my time. However, I did see some guys pull in about 4-5 largemouth bass from the side that has a very steep drop to the water from the road, they were on a boat. I also saw some kids pull in a few dink gills.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone seen carp recently? I know it was mentioned that there were carp sighted a few years back.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, it sets just north of the Ohio Turnpike. it's at least 2-3 miles from the Portage River. There is no ditch leading out of or into Aldrich Pond. It was dug in the 50,s to build a overpass over the railroad for the Turnpike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes, but how many license have you bought,your freinds ,your town,your county,multiple that by 88 county's .i have bought a fishing license every year for the last 45 years from $7.50 to $20.00 ,not to mention boat license ,and outboard license when we had to that trailer license and ramp fee's ,and i cant count the amount of bait and gas taxed by state ,the bottum line is there is no long term plan in ohio for any sportsman fishing or hunting except more money and there broke raise fee's ,start asking how much the state get from license sale's to what is spent ,wake up ohio

·
Registered
304 Posts
i get what you are trying to get at but the DNR doesnt get money from the gas taxes or taxes on bait. Also only a portion of the boat license fees goes towards waterway conservation. Their just simply isnt enough money to sustain great fishing in every lake/pond. It sucks but its the truth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i understand dnr cant make every lake in the state a real honey hole ,but come on ,get hard core realistic long turm plans ,and quit playing the broke plan ,we have paid enough for wasted effort ,why do fisherman have license from other states ,also look at this web site .sponered by michigan ,the over all dnr has no plans on building sastainable water in ohio ,only to stock a few fish in inland lakes once a year then repeat until out of money ,its been this way for over 40 years ,the coho river plan was last big attempt to build fishing in ohio,and we all know were that went.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting back on the subject, I don't think anyone answered my question. Has anyone seen any carp in there when they went to the pond this year? That's all I need to know.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm sure there are at least a few carp in Aldrich pond but if carp is what you're after just go to the river, it's full of those things and they're everywhere.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i understand dnr cant make every lake in the state a real honey hole ,but come on ,get hard core realistic long turm plans ,and quit playing the broke plan ,we have paid enough for wasted effort ,why do fisherman have license from other states ,also look at this web site .sponered by michigan ,the over all dnr has no plans on building sastainable water in ohio ,only to stock a few fish in inland lakes once a year then repeat until out of money ,its been this way for over 40 years ,the coho river plan was last big attempt to build fishing in ohio,and we all know were that went.

just wondering what you expect them to do? what would your plan be if you were the state?

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Hatersgonnhate....why dont you post an actual fishing report? almost all of your posts are rude and off topic. if everyone here wanted that much drama we could probably just spend more time with our girfriends/wives.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts