close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

albino deer pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingful, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

my wifes friend sent here these pics of a deer this spring that their friend almost hit havent got the whole story yet but got some pics

Attached Files:

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

another...............................

Attached Files:

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I bet it's not that size now.... That would be one heck of a pet! Just don't let it out of the yard!

4. Looks like a full body mount would be in store for that one ;)

5. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

There was this place out near Middlefield OH, in the Trumbull/Ashtabula co area, that I did a satellite installation a few years back. There was a real nice house on the property with a few huge ponds. Right behind the house was a row building with different apartment units (kinda like a Knights inn bldg). Behind this was a fenced in section of woods and fields that the owners of the property kept a HERD of Albino deer. Never saw one before that day, and they musta had 10 of them.

6. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Man I bet that little sucker would be tasty and tender!

7. I was anticipating clicking on this link to see a piebald deer but you are right. It is an albino. If that came from the wild it is extremely rare. Piebald deer are somewhat common and many label them as albino but there is a difference.

Here is a shot of piebald deer to compare.

[​IMG]

I have seen several piebald deer over the years but never to my knowledge an albino.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

8. My wife and i go to the Finger Lakes to the wineries several times a year, there is an arsenal out there and about 10 pure white Albino deer are running in their own herd, staying a little ways away from all the rest of the deer. They never mix in but are always close by to the rest. I was told that they are shunned by the rest of the normal deer and left to die if when they are born like that. I know you would not have a hard time seeing your shot on one of those.

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

could you imagine having a deer as an INSIDE pet. I mean how great would that be, watcing Monster Bucks X13 w/ an albino deer curled up next to ya!

10. we have a few near cadiz but i dont think they are all white but they look it.

11. I was fishing the Greenbrier last year and spotted an albino doe with two regular fawns with her. Funny to see that they did not get any of their mothers white.

12. Unless you see the pink eyes chances are that they are actually a piebald deer. I have read that the albinos are very rare. I have seen piebald deer that have just a very small amount of coloration on them, usually high on their back.

13. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

I've seen two deer that were all white. One in Calais and the other in W. Virginia around Spencer. Never was close enough to see pink eyes or a pink nose but assumed them being 100% white that they were albinos.

Someone that lives down the road from me has a bunch of white deer but I don't think they are whitetail, they are really short and no, they ain't goats, they're deer of some sort, I've seen racks behind the fence.

14. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

here is the story i would not have taken the deer home but i am glag it went to a wild life officer

It's probably a good thing this one stumbled into some humans - probably
    would not last long in the wild. pretty cool.

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetime experiences!
    Mark saw this li'l feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a
    lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW.

A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Momma
    deer around. Another car
    nearly hit it in front of Mark... Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us
    ever seen. And such a 'freak of nature,' that only 1 in more than a
    million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around
    the house, doing great.

So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going
    to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotten along
    with... So, one of Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda
    reluctantly, but, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over,
    of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he
    was going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone
    now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably,
    so it was very cool.

Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So
    rare... Sure wanted to keep him though, but not the thing to do. And not
    LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow
    white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER.

He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is
    that?

15. Wow!

Amazing little critter. Thanks for sharing those pics.

No way he survives in the wild very long so its a good thing he found some humans who would take care of him.

16. the ones we see every year in The Finger Lakes are red eyed for sure, pure white and the same size as ohio whitetail. Well at least as big as New York deer get lol no-one beats the ohio whitetail. But these are true albinos. going up next weekend to the wineries will try get some pics and post them!

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I thought I saw a couple albino deer a few years ago at our cabin during hunting season. I went back got my gun, searched forever for them, saw them, raised up on them, they ended up being goats on steroids. They were really big..... for goats. So I shot them anyways, drank their blood and cooked them over an open fire (okay that last part was a lie, justed wanted to tick the PETA people off)

18. My Dad had a albino deer near his place but it was shot 2 years ago. My Dad told them not to shoot it but we know for a fact it was shot. I did see it once and it was the weirdest looking deer I'd ever seen. Completely white!