Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family is camping at Hueston Woods this weekend and I'm taking the yak. I'd like to continue to target LMB, and perhaps see if I can maybe sneak in a crappie or two. If anyone can suggest lure types, colors that have been working recently, and, if you feel really gracious, suggest a couple likely zones, as I don't have a fish finder, and AL is kinda big, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to PM if the details are too juicy for public. I will return the favor in any way I can

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it. -Abraham Lincoln

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I'll take that as a big fat snub. :p

I still love you guys... But a part of me has died. I'm going for crappie, bass, akd cats this weekend. Heading out now. See you on the flipside

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Sorry man..wish I could help ya.
I haven't fished there in a looong time..good luck though

·
Registered
578 Posts
Never fished there and I'm stuck in Mo till next friday. You feel like a return trip to 5 pounder land next Sat or Sun? this time we can split gas if you want.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I always throw yellow 2 inch jig down the banks while i troll to the damn to catfish, and usually land a bunch casting towards bank about 15 yards out by the time I get to my destination. Plus you will get a few bass also.

·
Registered
141 Posts
summer fishing at acton. marina has crappie minnows for 1.50 a dozen. depending on how many fish you want to catch then buy enough minnows. plastic does not work well in july or august, no matter the color. fish are in the deep water, so go to the dam end. fish left side or right side of lake, facing dam. drift... minnow has to be moving in order to catch crappie. be away from the bank about 40 to 50 ft. you should catch all you want.
last monday i caught 105. keep 5. bait has to be moving...
hope this helps.

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
That's great info johnnywalleye thanks for sharing.

Good luck ghurlag. I think when looking for advice like this you need to give OGFer's more time to respond.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
summer fishing at acton. marina has crappie minnows for 1.50 a dozen. depending on how many fish you want to catch then buy enough minnows. plastic does not work well in july or august, no matter the color. fish are in the deep water, so go to the dam end. fish left side or right side of lake, facing dam. drift... minnow has to be moving in order to catch crappie. be away from the bank about 40 to 50 ft. you should catch all you want.
last monday i caught 105. keep 5. bait has to be moving...
hope this helps.
Dang, I was in the wilderness without a signal by the time you posted. We caught a few things, but minnows would have made a big difference. I'll know for next time.

I'll post a pic of my son's first crappie later tonight

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Connor's first crappie (I opted for the pic with a better shot of the fish. Nevermind the goofy look on his face)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts