close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

akron man missing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Sep 12, 2004.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

the news (ch. 3) reported that an akron man is missing after a fishing tournament on portage lakes. prayers for him and his family.

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i heard it was a night tourny out at long lake was tee's holding the tourny????
    i know 11 boats went out and they found this guys boat with fishing equipment and life jackets in the boat he also was in his 50's......................jim

3. Yep. Sad story. Tim called me that morning to help them out. They were saying the emregency services workers weren't being real helpful as far as looking for the fisherman. There was no visual on the guy or anything, so I'm not really sure what more they could have done, sorry to say. Very tough to deal with, having to tell a distraght family that, and it sure doesn't make the family feel any better about the tragedy.
    To all involved, you're in my prayers.

4. I'll be out there covering the story today for TV 3 and 23. If I get any new info, I'll let you know.

5. JV1

JV1

Goes to show you no matter how warm the water is, no matter how small the lake is, no matter how many times you have fished the lake.... accident's can and DO happen ..............usually they are found after 3 days when they surface.... good luck in your search and god bless his family

6. Some years ago a friend who lived in South Dakota drowned in Lake Oahe. On a sunny fall day he and his son when out for walleyes before the long Dakota winter set in. After catching a limit each they headed back for the ramp. Son Dave was driving and Dwayne was sitting on the gunnell near the back of the boat.(They owned a big Lund)
    Their BS'ing when Dave notices Dad didn't answer. Looks back and he is gone. Cuts back on the power and whips the boat around, no Dwayne. The sheriff searched for 3 days and called off the search. Dwayne was in the National Guard so they flew a chopper in on the weekends to look for the body. They found him 3 weeks later in a cove nearby. Seems he had a massive heart attack and was more than likely gone before he hit the water. He was a hell of an outdoorsman and a friend, and is missed by many. It can happen to any of us, so be carefull out there.

Sliprig

7. August 27th marked 14 years for my step brother drowning..........Rich

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I voluntered to help search last night. I was disapointed by the small amount of help. One Sherif boat and about 5 other boats. I will be out there again this afternoon after work.